by Liza Janda
- Every expecting parent MUST watch the eye opening The Business of Being Born. You can get it on Netflix or download it straight from http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com
- Read Ina May’s Guide To Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- Tour your birth place.
- Interview 3 doulas, even if you think you don’t want to hire a doula. http://www.dona.org/mothers/how_to_hire_a_doula.php
- Take a childbirth class beginning in your 5th or 6th month of pregnancy. Some options are The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth, Birthing From Within, Hypno-birthing, Lamaze, Birth Class at Home-Online childbirth classes.
- Choose the right caregiver for you. It will be one of the most important decisions you make for you and your baby: http://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ClickedLink=247&ck=10158&area=27
- Download this free Healthy Birth Booklet-6 steps to a safer birth at www.birthclassathome.com
- Exercise every day: walk, swim, yoga (get a free class on youtube: http://youtu.be/vOHFE3huhOQ
- Keep track of your nutrition making sure you are getting 80-100 grams of protein daily. Great Apps for this are: www.myfitnesspal.com, www.calorieking.com, www.livestrong.com
10. Learn relaxation techniques and practice them daily. You can use this guided relaxation for labor to help prepare: http://youtu.be/EEh5s2YrmrY