Your pregnancy hormones may be growing a healthy baby but they are creating chaos in your colon.
I once had a pregnant yoga student tell me she could clear a room with one simple pass of the gas. Poor girl! She didn’t know there are lots of remedies for constipation during pregnancy!
Taking iron to build healthy blood? That’s another strike against your ability to take the perfect poop.
What’s a constipated pregnant mom to do?
Don’t worry. There are some simple and easy solutions to cancel your constipation in pregnancy.
- Drink more water every day. Log on to one of those calorie counting apps like MyFitness pal and you can keep track of how much you’re actually drinking. While you’re at it, make sure you’re eating 80-100 grams of protein a day.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables in pregnancy will make you healthier and feel better. They are mostly water and that will help you go potty.
- Start every day while you’re pregnant-before you eat or drink anything-with two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (you can also get 100% lemon juice frozen) in 8 oz. warm or hot water. Drink that and it not only flushes your kidneys and reduces swelling, but it will get your bowels busy.
- A super effective tea to prevent constipation in pregnancy is BPC1026067 Traditional Medicinals Dandelion – 6×16 Bag instead of coffee. Drink this in the morning and at lunch. It helps alleviate gas, and stimulates your bowels. You won’t be able to live without it.
- Instead of your typical iron supplement while pregnant, take Energizing Iron W/ Eleuthero Enzymatic Therapy Inc. 90 Softgel. It is purely liquid liver in a capsule. There are no negative side effects because it is actually organic pure food. Your body absorbs the nutrients better than an artificial supplement.
- A little more expensive solution is to invest in a Squatty Potty before, during, and after your pregnancy. Just like in birth, the position of your pelvis can affect the ability to eliminate.
- Probiotics taken daily while pregnant help to boost your immune system and your baby’s immune system and help with digestion.The best one for a pregnant or nursing mom is Ultimate Flora Vaginal Support 50 Billion Renew Life 60 VCaps . One of my students told me, ” I pooped twice today! It was a great day!”
- While pregnant, daily exercise, even a simple daily walk, can make a huge difference in your digestion.
- Hyland’S Nux Vomica – 250 Tablets is often prescribed as a homeopathic remedy for constipation whether you’re pregnant or not.
- Finally, Fleet Glycerin Suppositories Laxative, 100ct should be kept handy while you’re pregnant. Used “in a pinch”, you’ll find relief quickly.