Frequently Asked Questions
I am here to remove the fear and unknown about pregnancy, labor, and birth. Let me help you create your safest, healthiest, best birth possible.
You might be feeling exactly the same way I did 26 years ago. SCARED! When I was pregnant the first time, I was absolutely terrified. I didn’t really know I was terrified because I was in denial!
I’d like to change that feeling for you to a feeling of confidence. I have a passion for helping to guide you to find your best birth.
I was blessed to learn about The Bradley Method® of Natural Childbirth. My teacher, and the Bradley Method® transformed my whole experience of pregnancy, labor, and birth. The knowledge I got in my childbirth classes replaced the immense fear I had surrounding birth and even parenthood.
I’d like to help you find your vision for your own ideal birth.
I found such a profound strength and power through my birth experiences of my daughter and then my son. It lit such a passion in me to help parents-to-be have safe, healthy birth experiences.
I’ve been teaching yoga and practicing Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga and teaching Prenatal Yoga for over 17 years. My passion for prenatal yoga was inspired by my own pregnancies and natural birth experiences and also my passion for teaching natural childbirth. Over the years, my fervent belief in the power of women and birth has grown and grown. I began by teaching fitness for over 2 decades, and worked at some of the world’s leading spas: The Golden Door, Cal-a-Vie, and Rancho La Puerta. I feel that God led me right to where I am today. I’ve been teaching The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth for 24 years! I have a passion for helping mothers have positive birth experiences.
In addition to teaching my Bradley Method and Yoga classes at Babies in Bloom, I am also teaching at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas. I give tours of the Birth Pavilion, teach Childbirth Classes, Teach Breastfeeding Classes, and assist the lactation consultant at the Scripps Breastfeeding Support Groups.
Click here to read my Press and Media page!
FAQs About Prenatal Yoga:
1. When Should I Start Practicing Prenatal Yoga?
2. When Should I Stop Practicing Prenatal Yoga?
3. I’ve never done yoga before. I’m feeling a bit intimidated because I don’t know what to expect.
Some things to note:
- Come early so you can get settled and visit the restroom, and so class can start on time.
- Don’t wear any scented lotions, powders, or perfumes. Pregnant moms are very sensitive to smell.
4. What Should I Bring To Prenatal Yoga?
5. What Should I Wear To Prenatal Yoga?
6. How Much Does Prenatal Yoga Cost?
7. I’m already in my third trimester of pregnancy, Is it too late to start doing prenatal yoga?
8. I have some pretty bad heartburn, so forward folds and downward dog are probably out of the question. Are there any solutions?
- Chew on Papaya Tablets before and sometimes during class
- Take Digestive Enzymes before each meal and before yoga class
- Stir 1 tsp of baking soda into 6 oz. of water and drink quickly
- Raw almonds eaten throughout the day helps to reduce stomach acid
- Fresh pineapple or papaya help digestion
- Chew gum
- During yoga use the wall for Downward dog so that your head and shoulders never are lower than your belly
- Place your hands on a block in any forward fold so you also keep your head an shoulders above your belly and get the hamstring stretch you’re looking for
9. I am overweight and haven’t exercised much during my pregnancy. Can I still practice prenatal yoga?
10. How often can I practice yoga during my pregnancy?