- THAT FIRST TRIMESTER CAN BE A DOOZY! So nurture you and your baby with prenatal yoga and feel strong, healthy, and calm. Start prenatal yoga as soon as you see your care provider for your first appointment. That’s usually 8-10 weeks. If you’re not sure, ask your doctor or midwife if they think it’s okay for you to start practicing prenatal yoga. There are so many options to practice prenatal yoga. You can begin with my free 25 minute prenatal yoga class on YouTube. Keep practicing yoga throughout your pregnancy. In addition to keeping you fit, it helps prepare you emotionally for the birth and parenthood. Walking and swimming are great additions to your fitness regimen during pregnancy.
Below are some of the comments about my prenatal yoga class you’ll find there:
“The music is perfect. I felt so relaxed after following your voice as well, thank you.”
“I’m 20 weeks and 4 days this yoga made me fall fast asleep afterwards.”
“Wonderful class. I started following you when I was about 10 weeks pregnant. Now I am 7 and half month along and still going great. Squatting has become little difficult but I still try and do it regularly. Thanks for the great explanation.”
- A GOOD HEALTHY PREGNANCY DIET WILL HELP YOU AND YOUR BABY FLOURISH!
It’s simpler than you think. Here are some of the things I’ve learned from midwives, nutritionists, and pregnancy specialists during my 20 years teaching yoga and childbirth classes:
- All cells in pregnancy form from protein –baby, uterus, amniotic fluid, blood for baby –everything. So eat 80-100 grams of protein daily. You can keep track of our nutrition with APPS on your phone like MyFitnessPal, Calorie King, calorie Counter Pro, MyPlate.
- Drink lots of water daily during your pregnancy and when you add fresh lemon juice to your water, hot or cold water, it helps flush the kidneys and eliminates swelling and helps get rid of constipation
- Take extra Vitamin D3. There’s only 400 IU in your prenatal vitamins and you’ll need 4000 IU’s a day. Of course you want to take a good prenatal vitamin.
- Take probiotics. Renew Life Ultimate flora Vaginal 50 billion is one of the best to boost your immune system and make you and your baby healthy.
- START LEARNING ABOUT ALL OF YOUR OPTIONS FOR LABOR AND BIRTH
- Begin with my recommended reading list. You can probably find most of these books at your local library or order them online:
- Find a childbirth class to start in your 5th or 6th month of pregnancy.
- Talk to at least 3 doulas just to find out if hiring a doula might be something you want. Just contacting them doesn’t commit you, but if you do want a doula for your birth, hiring one early ensures you get the right doula for you and your birth partner. Start here: dona.org , www.alace.org
- Ask your doctor or midwife these 10 questions to find out if he/she is the right care provider for you.
ENJOY YOUR PREGNANCY AND HAVE A HAPPY BIRTH DAY!
By Liza Janda