7 Steps to Reduce Inflammation and Pain
From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Pregnancy.
- Drink dandelion leaf tea or Dandelion Leaf Extract. It is a great diuretic, and since it is high in potassium, it helps your body stay balanced.
2. Mother To Be Tea also helps reduce retention of fluid.
3. Begin every day with a cup of warm water and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. If you need to sweeten it, use Stevia. This combination helps to flush your kidneys. It helps prevent constipation and it helps reduce edema or swelling. Eat apricots or bananas to get extra potassium.
4. Place ice packs on your wrists for 10 minutes once or twice a day to reduce inflammation, especially after your prenatal yoga practice or after work.
5. Sleep with wrists splints/brace.
6. Acupuncture – You can find a certified acupuncturist here: https://mx.nccaom.org/FindAPractitioner/FindaCertifiedPractitioner.aspx
7. Essential Oils – Marjoram, diluted with a carrier oil for aches and pains; Eucalyptus for circulation; Lemongrass, Rosemary for inflammation; Peppermint for pain relief.
Five To Ten Minutes To Relieve Those Carpal Tunnel Aches And Pains
Below you will find six exercises you can do every day or every couple of days for your carpal tunnel syndrome. If you’re practicing prenatal yoga, take a few minutes before class begins and run through these simple warm ups. Your wrists will feel much better. You can also do these carpal tunnel exercises at your desk or even at the kitchen table!